Wednesday, April 01, 2009

into the 21st century....someday

Anytime I deal with significant delays on Metra, I wish for notification like this, or, even better, this, especially if I rushed to the train station, only to wait a long time. I have not been a fan of Twitter so far, but delay notifications would be extremely useful, unlike much of the fluff there.

I appreciate the fact that Metra usually runs on schedule, but too many aspects of their service are antiquated and inefficient. After seeing conductors unable to collect a substantial number of fares on many runs in recent years, I'd imagine that any investment in faster, more modern fare collection technology would be recouped in a reasonable time span. Train Tracker would be a VERY welcome update to at least dip a toe into modern technology.

No comments: