Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wolcott development proposal on hold

An interesting turn of events. Perhaps Joe is actually concerned about his constituents holding his feet to the fire for problem developments. He sent the following message as a follow-up to Monday night's community meeting about the proposal.
---------------

I have placed on an indefinite hold the proposal for a construction of a three-story, 23-unit condominium development at 7525 N. Wolcott. The site is currently occupied by Amber Auto.

As you know, I scheduled a community meeting last night to review the proposal. I decided to put the project on hold when the developer, Dan Schwegel, refused to guarantee he would develop the project as proposed if he received the requested zoning change. Without that assurance, I will not support a zoning change for the property.

I will let you know if Mr. Scwhegel wishes to develop his project as proposed at some point in the future.

No comments: