Thursday, July 13, 2006

hit and run wheelchair

I wish this was a joke. If any of you have had close encounters with the maniac in the speeding motorized wheelchair who zips down Fargo and Rogers (usually the wrong way against traffic) between Arbour Health Care and Clark St., you know who I'm talking about.   I've nearly been hit by this guy a number of times when I was trying to cross the street, usually at Paulina & Fargo.

Yesterday morning, my boyfriend discovered that his car (fairly new) was the victim of a hit and run while his car was parked on the 1600 block of Fargo.  He filed a police report, but had no idea who the culprit was.  This morning one of my neighbors told me he'd witnessed the collision.

This incident is just the icing on the cake after these two news stories (story #1, story #2).

If any of you have been hit and run victims of this reckless wheelchair maniac, please respond and tell us about your incident.  I've gotten the contact info for the nursing home administrator and am planning to make a report in the hope that they will stop the guy from going out unsupervised, because he obviously doesn't give a damn if he hits anyone or anything.

2 comments:

pugwomyn said...

Is this the paraplegic w/ a ponytail or the old guy w/ an American flag? The former fell out of his chair a few weeks ago @ Fargo & Ashland. & the irony of it all is that I'm pretty sure I saw Tyrone Barber pushing around, before he was arrested.

Karen Hoover said...

Could we have a better description, please. I know of a couple of reckless wheelchair drivers.